It can be argued that technology moves at warp speed — and this old adage isn’t wrong. Over the last few years, we’ve seen a rise in some of the most innovative technology across multiple industries, bringing automation, intelligence and smart devices to the forefront of business. As we look forward to continued progression and development, there are a number of trends that will impact enterprise organizations around the globe.
Be prepared for what’s to come by taking note of these 9 trends:
- Intelligent traffic and parking management. As cities, retailers, airports and more prioritize revolutionizing the parking experience, we’ll see more implementations of solutions that increase driver satisfaction by providing real-time communication and guidance.
- Nontraditional advertising. The increased use of intelligent parking management solutions will also allow organizations to become more clever with their advertising, leveraging LED display screens that are multifaceted in their capabilities, including the ability to display marketing messages.
- Data integration. We’ve seen that data is everywhere, and it will continue to proliferate nearly every aspect of the world, with a particular emphasis on city services, such as trash pickup and parking.
- Digital transformation. The Internet of Things (IoT) will only continue to grow, with the opportunity to add more devices and services than ever before, creating the highest level of connectivity.
- Artificial intelligence (AI). We’ve only just begun to see the possibilities AI brings to business leaders in nearly every market; as the technology becomes more mature, decision-making will be more intuitive and simplified based on unprecedented levels of data and insight.
- Machine learning. When combined with edge computing, this application of AI enables streamlined and intricate data analysis, which has become critical in today’s fast-paced society and will be just as important moving forward.
- Deep learning. Taking AI and machine learning to the next level, deep learning will allow organizations to leverage tools that make informed decisions at a moment’s notice.
- Smart devices. From our phones to our appliances to our security systems, it’s become clear that smart devices are here to stay — and they’re only getting smarter. With cloud computing as a backbone, these devices will continue to connect through the IoT and transmit endless amounts of information between one another.
- Network-enabled platforms. The ability of the aforementioned smart devices to speak to one another is paramount for optimal productivity, and this will help modernize and automate operations and processes in 2019.
The advancements we witnessed this year are not slowing down and we hope to see the most intelligent and efficient solutions in 2019 as systems become smarter and business goals become easier to achieve. We’re looking forward to a year full of progress and expansion.